How I Can Help
If you are having trouble with a federal agency or program, I may be able to help. Below are some of the issues my staff and I can assist you with, along with information for contact information for federal offices in Maine. If you need help, please call my office at (207) 774-5019 or fill out and mail a casework form.
Help with Federal Agencies
Social Security and Medicare
My office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security's Screening Tool (BEST) to check if you do.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about social security services and benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.
My office can assist you with receiving benefits, eligibility determination, and replacement of medals earned.
- Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
- Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.
We can help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.
- For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's Frequently Requested Information Web page.
My office can help with immigration petitions, adjustments of status, naturalization and non-immigrant petitions that have been delayed or lost.
- Do you need to schedule an appointment with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)? Use InfoPass to make an appointment online.
- Are you wondering when an immigrant visa will become available to you or a family member? You can find out by reviewing the State Department's Visa Bulletin.
- Do you need to find out how to file an application with USCIS? Go to Forms and Fees (836KB PDF) on the USCIS Web site.
Federal government offices in or around the 1st district
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Internal Revenue Service
- National Forest Service White Mountain National Forest
- Small Business Administration
- Social Security Administration
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs(VA)
Federal Courts with Jurisdiction over the 1st District
- U.S. District Court of the District of Maine
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the District of Maine
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Other Federal Judicial Agencies