Skip to Content

How Can I Help?

If you are having trouble with a federal agency or program, I may be able to help. Below are some of the issues my staff and I can assist you with, along with information for contact information for federal offices in Maine. If you need help, please call my office at (207) 774-5019 or fill out and mail a casework form.

chellie sig

Help with Federal Agencies

Social Security and Medicare

My office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.

Veterans Benefits

My office can assist you with receiving benefits, eligibility determination, and replacement of medals earned.

  • Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
  • Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.

ยป More Information for Veterans


We can help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.


My office can help with immigration petitions, adjustments of status, naturalization and non-immigrant petitions that have been delayed or lost.

  • Are you wondering when an immigrant visa will become available to you or a family member? You can find out by reviewing the State Department's Visa Bulletin.
  • Do you need to find out how to file an application with USCIS? Go to Forms and Fees (836KB PDF) on the USCIS Web site.

Federal government offices in or around the 1st district

Back to top