Skip to Content

Immigration and Visas

My office works with hundreds of constituents each year who want to bring family members to live in the United States, or bring family, friends or business colleagues here on a temporary basis.  I hope you will find the links below helpful in answering many of your questions.  If you need any assistance, please call my office at (207) 774-5019. (For Passport resources, go here.)



For the most comprehensive information on immigration matters, I would encourage you visit the website of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), formerly the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

There you will be able to find, among other things:

Please also feel free to call the USCIS at 1-800-375-5283, visit the Maine USCIS District Office, or contact my Portland office.

Visas for Foreign Citizens

The U.S. State Department is responsible for issuing visas to foreign citizens to wish to come to the United States, whether they are coming to visit, to work, or to study. Another useful site for information is the websites of our U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world.  You may also wish to call the State Department’s Visa Services Office at 202-663-1225 or contact my Portland office.

Back to top